Yep, that's right! Ellie of elliebelle, one of my favorite blog haunts...you know, I really need to update my blog list over there, I have a lot of new blogs that I frequent and some that I don't so much anymore...but that is besides the point! Anyway, as I was saying, Ellie tagged me for a meme. A "Six Random Things About Me" meme to be precise. I like being tagged. I don't know why, but I really do. So, thanks Ellie!
Okay, here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. (check)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (check)
3. Write six random things about yourself. (will try to think of things that most don't already know...soon to be checked!)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post. (hmmm...I may not do six)
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. (okay, will check)
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up. (will be checked!)
So, let's get started shall we?
1. I am one of those people that has to make a menu and a grocery list before I go shopping. I don't like that. I wish I could just go to the store and see what's on sale and instantly know what to do with it. But. I am not. Subsequently, we very rarely save money on our bill. *sigh*
2. I have never in my life climbed a tree. Never. In my life. Why? Why, I ask you, was I not a partaker of this childhood rite? Why? I want to climb a tree, it looks like such fun! But nobody ever taught me. Maybe there weren't any good climbing trees around me. Maybe nobody loved me enough to pass on this vital knowledge of childhood. Yeah, I bet that's it. Let's go with that one. (NOTE: please read those last two sentence with sarcasm...thanks)
3. I love to knit! But you would never know that by the utter lack of anything on any knitting needles that I own! Also, I have only completed two projects for myself in the past four years. Two! And the total of completed projects? Four. In at least four years. Maybe even longer. It's sad sad sad. I think I am not patient enough. But, I always keep up with Knitty and all the new patterns they put out. And this year? I want to knit myself these. And this! Mayhap I will. Stay tuned!
4. Like Ellie, I have always wanted to be a singer. However, unlike Ellie, I was never involved in any choir or musical or anything that allowed me to sing. I was told that I didn't have a good singing voice. Which really saddens me, because in my heart of hearts? I KNOW I can sing. It just needs to be brought out somehow. I know it's there, I can feel it trying to well up inside of me, and sometimes? When I am alone, or even when I am just with my kids, it comes out. And I can't stop it, and I can't control it either. And when I realize it's happening, that I am singing and it doesn't sound awful or off-pitch or forced, it's gone. Also, I can't sing in front of others. It's so bizarre. Sometimes I think that God just wants it to be between me and Him. Maybe I just need to be fine with that. Or maybe? Just maybe, I should try to find some voice lessons somewhere. I have brought this up several times as an idea for a birthday gift or a Christmas gift, but it hasn't been taken seriously. Maybe now it will. *ahem*
5. My left ear is ringing right now. How is that for random?
6. I am working on a new pattern for a dolly. I am super stoked about it, it's something that the husbandand I will be working on together. I can't wait to start futzing around with some fabric for it. But first, I am finishing up a dolly order for a friend of mine.
That's it! It's amazing how hard it is to come up with six random things. Now, I am to tag some others....let's see...who will play along?
Hey, look at that! I found six people to tag! Okay, I am looking forward to all your random things, ladies!